Case Study 2: Design Process
You have recently started your own software design company. You discover that your local DMV is looking to build a system that will allow receptionists to check customers in quickly. They would like for the system to allow customers to self-check-in during busy times, but have receptionists check customers in the rest of the time. Your company puts a bid in for the project and wins.
Read the article located at http://www.bcs.org/upload/pdf/ewic_hc07_lppaper18.pdf.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Suggest the prototyping technique you would use for this system and support your rationale.
2. Create a management plan containing eight to ten (8-10) stages for proper design of such a system.
3. Explain each stage of the management plan and justify your rationale.
4. Estimate the length of time it will take to complete each stage of the management plan.
5. Compare and contrast the self-check-in interface with the interface a receptionist would use.
6. Use Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative, Dia, to create a total of two (2) graphical representations of your proposed interfaces, one (1) for the self-check-in and one (1) for the receptionist. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
7. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Include charts or diagrams created in Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze and evaluate interface design models.
Develop an interface design plan that addresses and solves a proposed business problem.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more