. 1. Rutter and Sroufe identified _____________ as one of three important areas of focus in the future of developmental psychopathology.
A. How cause and effect underlie childhood disorders
B. The role of the media in the life of the modern child.
C. Creating a stricter definition of normal behavior.
D. Fetal developments influence on childhood behavior
2. Which of the following questions is not appropriate on a mental status exam?
A. Whats four times five?
B. Whos the current president of the United States?
C. What day of the week is it today?
D. Who wrote the Harry Potter books?
3. State laws can influence decision making in all the following ways, except
A. who can legally provide consent for the child.
B. beneficence and maleficence
C. timelines for reporting suspected child abuse
D. custodial versus noncustodial parental rights
4. The transactional model was developed to
A. illustrate how even very disabled children are able to adapt to their environments.
B. analyze exactly which characteristics are passed from a caregiver to a child.
C. predict the future of a childs development by analyzing past events and behaviors.
D. show how a child adapts to an environment and how the environment changes as a result.
5. All of the following are true concerning the APA 10 ethical standards except
A. the standards were useful in past decades but are no longer useful.
B. the standards address appropriate advertising and displays of public information.
C. the standards address matters pertaining to research and publication.
D. the standards assist professionals to resolve ethical issues.
6. Which of the following is true regarding the age of majority?
A. Its 18 in 34 of the U.S. States.
B. Its 19 years in all Canadian provinces.
C. Its 18 years of age in every USA State
D. Its not an important consideration for psychologists working with children.
7. In the context of Sues 2006 article on cultural competent treatment, gift giving refers to
A. giving a token gift to the client
B. rules about barbering
C. accepting a gift from the client
D. gifts of therapy, such as reduced tension
8. Which of the following is one of the guiding principle of the American Psychological Association (APA).
9. Mash and Wolfe (2002) suggest three goals of assessment . Which of the following is not one of the goals?
B. Treatment planning
10. Using the K-3 Paradigm involves knowledge of
A. brain chemistry
B. the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders
C. a childs family medical history
D. developmental expectations
12. Which of the following is true regarding a functional behavioral assessment?
A. An FBA assesses the degree to which a behavior exists.
B. An FBA is norms-based.
C. The FBA was developed to analyzed why a behavior exists.
D. The use of FBA has been discouraged by the American Psychological Association
13. Which of the following is an example of a discrete behavior?
A. talking out of turn
B. on task behavior
D. watching a television show
14. A researcher is studying the effect of noise level on concentration. In this study, noise level is the
15. Externalizing problems were referred to as ________________ problems in the past.
A. behavior deficit
B. behavior excess
16. A lack of consensus ___________ often compromises treatment plans.
A. on attributions
B. regarding the perspectives of informants
C. among different research data
D. on the actual target problem
17. If a youth whos socially maladjusted also demonstrates another risk factor, then the risk of having a disorder also increases by _____________ the amount.
A. five times
B. four times
D. ten times
18. Someone who favors autonomy regarding child decision making is likely to agree with what?
A. Giving the child control over a decision
B. Community support of a parents choice
C. Structured family therapy options
D. Removing a childs right consent
19. Between 1972 and 1989 there were____________ regarding child advocacy.
A. not much change in the amount of published research.
B. not much change in the number of laws.
C. a significant increase in the number of laws.
D. a significant increase in the amount of published research
20. Developmental psychopathology is the study of
A. behavioral disorders and their increase in intensity over time.
B. lesions and malformations that cause behavioral disorders.
C. fetal development and its relation to later childhood development
D. the origins and course of individual patterns of behavioral maladaptations.
Susy is feeling depressed. She visits a therapist who says that its all in her head He says shes depressed because shes :thinking like a depressed person. Susys therapist likely supports which theoretical model?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more