Solved by verified expert:THIS IS ONLY THE PHASE 1 OF THE PAPER. please read the pdf and only do the phase 1. not 2 and 3.
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Guided Research Project
Overview of Project
Purpose: To write a well-researched, well-developed essay that presents your claim (thesis statement)
and supports it. This essay can take many shapes. It can include compare/contrast, description,
exemplification, classification, and others (see Rules for Writers).
Audience: The class
Topic: Your topic must be one of global or international importance. You may consider historical or
current events. Although the paper can include how America interacts with the world, the primary claim
must focus on the international rather than American element. For example, examining the reasons the
U.S. entered World War II would not work because, although World War II is of international
significance, your claim is focused on the U.S. Another topic that does not work well is global climate
change because writers tend to focus on studies conducted in and the effects on the U.S. A better topic
would examine how a particular country is addressing the problem of climate change.
Beyond those restrictions, you may choose your own topic. Here are some links to sites with topic
suggestions (not all are international in focus, so choose carefully):
http://word-crafter.net/CompI/TopicExploration.html (includes information about informative essays)
http://www.cgdev.org/section/topics (includes some preliminary research that might help you with
keywords and search terms, but you may not use information from this site in your paper)
A good topic is one that will require research (which you must do for this assignment).
You will be turning in both small and large assignments during this process.
Phase 1: Response Paper
● You will conduct some preliminary research to find and narrow a topic.
● Using the writing process, you will compose an “opinion essay” that presents your current
viewpoint (before research) on the topic.
● The first draft will be due on 3/19. We will have peer review in class on this day.
● The final draft will be due on 3/23.
● This paper should be 2-3 pages following MLA guidelines.
Phase 2: Research Summaries
● You will receive instruction from our Reference Librarian about using library databases to locate
● Using only DCCC library databases, you will locate at least 5 sources that you can use to support
your response paper topic.
After you have carefully read and understood each source (article, book chapter, etc.), you will
write a one paragraph summary of the source.
Summaries should include an in-text/parenthetical citation in MLA format at the end of the
The final draft of the summaries is due on 4/2.
This paper can vary widely in length, depending on the length of your sources, but should
generally be about 3-4 pages long following MLA guidelines.
Phase 3: Final Research Paper
● Using the writing you have already completed (response paper and research summaries), you
will compose a paper that states a claim and supports it. Ideally, you will be taking the response
paper and integrating information from the research into it.
● You must use at least 5 sources from DCCC library databases in your paper.
● The first draft of the research paper is due on 4/9. Peer review will take place during that class.
● You will be required to attend a writing conference with me, a Learning Commons coach, or a
ThinkingStorm coach to get additional feedback about your draft.
● Based on the feedback you receive, you will make revisions and edit your final draft. The final
draft is due on 4/20.
● This paper will be 5-7 pages following MLA guidelines.
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more