Solved by verified expert:All instrauctions are in the Attached PDF. This is short answer type questions.8-10 sentence each,
Unformatted Attachment Preview
Read the Article and answer the questions below
British Museum’s Running Girl artifact
Philadelphia’s Penn Museum on Women and Greek athletics
Describe the ancient Greek competitive character, and compare the ancient Olympics (as a
festival featuring athletics) to the Olympics today, identifying any major differences. Explain
what the Olympic rules regarding females and evidence, such as the “running girl” artifact,
reveal about female status and Greek athletics in particular Greek city-states.
The Competitive Character of the Ancient Greeks
· Why do you think the competitive nature of the Greeks was so important for their success as a
people and culture?
· What are some of the advantages of being very competitive?
· Greece was very small compared to all her neighbors (like Persia and Egypt) so why was being
competitive a big advantage for Greece?
The Ancient Olympics vs The Modern Olympics
· Talk about the fact that Greek male athletes competed nude versus today (imagine how that
would play out with modern television, lol)
· Discuss the sheer scope of the modern games with so many nations versus the smaller
number of Greek cities
· Are the Olympics today more about ‘the athletes’ or the ‘nations’?
Women in the Olympic Games
· Check out page 116 for information on did women watch the games? Did they participate?
Women’s roles in Greek society
· After looking at the role women played in both watching and participating in the Olympic
Games, what do think the role of women was in Greek society? Were they valued? Did they
have a voice in society?
2) Business Law
Watch the following videos which set the stage for this week’s discussion
Navigating common ethical dilemmas, from Management Tips with Todd Dewett (2:31)
Creating and managing ethical supply chains, from Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
with Eddie Davila (4:53)
You have just been hired by a company to evaluate the way the company treats its
employees, suppliers, and customers.
1. Identify and explain the ethical theories of decision making from the text reading then,
identify which theory the company would want to use to show the employees, suppliers, and
customers that it cares about them. Use logic and the text reading on the theories to support your
2. Think about… who sets the tone for the “corporate culture” of the company and why is this
important? Explain your answer and provide some evidence to justify your answer.
3. Is it possible to satisfy ethical principles and legal principles all the time? Why or why
not? Support your answer.
4. Pursuant to the chapter reading this week, what alternatives are available for businesses in
lieu of a trial in a courtroom? How are these alternatives beneficial to a business? Be sure to cite
the sources you use to justify your answers. Remember that answers must be informed and
substantive, not just your opinion.
3) Power of Communication
Complete the Listening Self-Evaluation in The Art of Public Speaking, Ch. 3 pg. 54.
Discuss why you were or weren’t surprised by the results. Identify three habits that you want to
work on and share your plan for how to improve them.
Find quality, credible advice to help you give your first recorded speech. (Make sure it is a
different resource than one found by a classmate.) Provide a link to the resource and briefly
summarize the advice. How do you plan to use this advice in your first speech?
This week we learn about the brain and the nervous system. As we learn about how
chemical reactions affect us, it made me think of a question. Do we truly control our
actions and behaviors? Or do we act based solely on the chemical reactions that happen
in brains and nervous systems? What do you think? Which is it? Free will or chemical
reactions? In your discussion post, which option do you agree with? Support your
response with information from either our textbook or from the video below.
Purchase answer to see full
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more