Rubric #9, Informative and Persuasive Paper (M7)
Remember to use the information in the columns to meet the criteria for the assignment.
Accomplished Proficient Needs Work Unacceptable
*Intro, body, &
conclusion logically &
*Addresses the health
issue & who is
of health issue &
consequences of not
*Influence of social
*Presence of intro,
body & conclusion but
links not clear
*Missing one (1)
element or parts of
*Good choice of
supporting articles but
*Ideas are presented
transitions not clear or
*Adequate but weak
*Missing two (2) or
information not easily
*No clear argument or
*Missing more than
two (2) elements
lacking, ideas bounce
*Lacking or uses few
transitions of thought
* No evidence of using
*Logical explanation of
issue & interventions
*Clear & strong
argument for stated
not clearly stated
determinants but link
to issue & interventions
not completely clear
strong argument for
*Reader has to work to
provided for position
interventions is weak
*Position not clear
*Cannot identify who
the audience is
*Unable to understand
how ideas are linked
*Little, if any,
between ideas easy to
*Meets all length and
* No spelling or
*Writing is concise;
transition of some
ideas difficult to follow
*No more than one (1)
error in length or
*No more than two (2)
spelling or grammatical
difficult to follow most
*More than two (2)
errors in length or
*No more than three
(3) spelling or
*Writing is muddled,
ideas are not presented
in any discernible
* Multiple errors in
length or formatting
*Four (4) or more
spelling or grammatical
*No more than two (2)
*Uses at least five (5)
* All websites used are
*No more than four (4)
*Uses at least four (4)
*No more than six (6)
*Uses fewer than four
*Heavy reliance on
blogs & organizational
*Eight (8) or more
*Uses fewer than three
reliance on blogs &
Interpretation of Final Points Accomplished: 45.00 – 41.00 points
Proficient: 40.00 – 36.00 points
Needs Work: 35.00 – 32.00 points
Unacceptable: Less than 32 points
MODULE 7 Informative and Persuasive Paper
The final project for NRSES 3700J is a paper of about 1500 words (approximately six  pages).
The paper is due in the last module of the course (Module 7). The paper has two purposes:
1. The first purpose is to inform the audience about a health issue that exists in the
country/community selected in Module 1 and reaffirmed in Module 3.
2. The second purpose is to persuade the audience that a specified intervention (or
interventions) would address the health issue in a positive way.
1. The paper is to be approximately six (6) pages in length excluding the title page and the
references cited page.
2. The chosen health issue is to be compared to a similar issue in the United States (US).
Use the following questions/topics to focus the paper.
2.1 Discuss the health issue in the selected country/community.
• What is it?
• Who is impacted?
• Why is the chosen health issue important?
• What are the consequences of not addressing the health issue?
• Identify the two (2) or three (3) social determinants of health that have the
most impact on the chosen health issue. Explain the influence.
2.2 Is the same health issue present in the US?
• Who does the health issue impact in the US?
• Compare the size of the health issue in the US with that in the selected
• What is similar about the health issue in the two countries?
• What is different about the health issue in the two countries?
• Identify the two (2) or three (3) social determinants of health that have an
impact on the chosen health issue in the US. Explain the influence of
• If the health issue does not exist in the US, explain the reasons for this
2.3 Identify an intervention (or interventions) that could address the identified health
issue. There is no specified number of interventions required, but if education is
chosen as an intervention it cannot be the only intervention.
• In what ways, if any, would the proposed interventions differ between the
selected country/community and the US?
• If the intervention in the two countries would not differ, explain why they
Module 7 Final Paper, continued
• Identify the connection between the social determinants of health, the
health issue, and the intervention(s).
• Persuade the audience that the identified intervention(s) would be useful in
addressing the chosen health issue. Again, education cannot be the only
intervention, but it can be used in combination with other interventions.
Technical Aspects of the Paper
1. DO NOT include an abstract.
2. The paper must include:
2.1 A title page formatted according to the student title page information in the APA
Manual 7th edition.
2.2 An introduction that includes a thesis statement.
2.3 The body of the paper supports the thesis organizes and fleshes out the main
ideas, and topics are sequenced so the follow of the thinking/writing makes sense.
2.4 A conclusion.
3. Include a minimum of five (5) references. References must be no older than five (5)
years (unless you are using a seminal or classical piece of literature to make a specific
point). References need to be on a References Cited page following the actual paper.
Acceptable references include peer-reviewed databases, peer-reviewed journal articles,
textbook materials, and any source that has been peer reviewed. References that are not
acceptable include, but are not limited to: UpToDate, Epocrates, Medscape, WebMD,
hospital organization publications, insurance recommendations, and secondary clinical
databases. Do NOT include the annotated bibliography.
4. Use the Times New Roman or Arial font in size 12; one (1) inch margins on all sides;
double spaced throughout according to the format of the APA Manual 7th edition.
5. Use APA Manual 7th edition formatting throughout the paper.
Previous Assignments that May Be Useful
1. Choice of country/community
2. NGO Business Letter
3. SDOH Impact Analysis and Email
4. Introduction to Final Paper
5. Outline of Final Paper
6. Annotated Bibliography
7. Patient Education Materials
CLICK on the link titled “M7 Final Paper Submission” in Blackboard to submit the paper.
Points: 45 Due Date: See the Course Calendar/Checklist
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more