solved: Patrick Pty Ltd (Patrick) is a property developer who purchased a…

  

Patrick Pty Ltd (Patrick) is a property developer who purchased a…Patrick Pty Ltd (Patrick) is a property developer who purchased a 100-hectare block of land in the western suburbs of Melbourne for $100m in the 2018 income year. The following transactions occurred in the following income years:In the 2019-year Patrick:Derived $45m from the sale of 30% of the land.Incurred $1m in subdivision and sale costs in having this 30-hectare parcel sold.Incurred $100,000 in interest and land tax expenses.In the 2020-year Patrick incurred the following amounts on the remaining 70% of the land:$4m on planning approvals,$5m on development costs. These included, and sewerage and other general costs.$100,000 on interest and land tax.In the 2021-year Patrick:Derived $55m in relation to the sale of 50% (35 hectares) of the land in small lots.Incurred $1m in sale costs directly related to the income derived in 2021.The remaining 50% (35 hectares) have been retained for sale in future income years.          Assumptions:Every hectare of the land has an equal value.Patrick is a property developer and has owned the land as trading stock.Patrick wants to use the cost method of valuing his trading stock at the end of each year as it will minimize tax.Do not discuss the GST implications of the transactions.This is not a long-term construction contract as discussed in TR 2017/D8.The market value of his trading stock on hand at the end of each of the years was:2019: $75m.2020: $90m.2021: $60m. Required:write a professional letter of advice advising Patrick of the trading stock implications of the above transactions. In this letter of advice please:Calculate the following for each of the 2019, 2020 and 2021 income years at cost:Opening stock,Purchases,Closing stock,Gross profit, andNet profit.Include all calculations in the appendix and discuss them in the letter of advice.Briefly explain how the profit would change if he used the market value method to calculate closing stock in each of the years.Use IRAC to explain your position in the letter.    LawSocial ScienceTax law BLO 2206

Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
solved: Patrick Pty Ltd (Patrick) is a property developer who purchased a…
Just from $10/Page
Order Essay
Place your order
(550 words)

Approximate price: $22

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
$26
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Urgency
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more
colle writers

Order your essay today and save 30% with the discount code ESSAYSHELP