compare and contrast an Italian Renaissance painting with a Greek vase painting or Greco-Roman sculpture from the Museum of Fine Arts Houston www.mfah.org
CHOOSE TWO WORKS BY
TWO DIFFERENT ARTISTS
TWO DIFFERENT CULTURES/CIVILIZATIONS
TWO DIFFERENT STYLES
TWO DIFFERENT MEDIA
1. Begin your essay with an Introduction and end with a Conclusion, each 4-6 sentences in length.
2. Research each artist and stylistic movement or civilization. Apply the visual elements in a comparison and contrast pattern of development.
3. Briefly research the artists’ biography and define the stylistic movement, and place the artwork within a cultural context (two-three paragraphs).
4. Write a stylistic analysis of three-five paragraphs. Develop paragraphs of three-five sentences in length, each of which begins with a topic sentence for each applicable visual element or principle of design! Be sure to clearly define and illustrate the use of each term by describing specific areas of the artwork’s composition.
5. Provide at least two research references for each artwork, in addition to the textbook. Use may use online scholarly sources such as Heilbrunn Timeline of Art History
https://www.metmuseum.org/toah/ (Links to an external site.); Khan Academy
https://www.khanacademy.org/humanities/art-history (Links to an external site.) and Smarthistory
https://smarthistory.org/ (Links to an external site.).
Apply those following concepts in your comparison and contrast essay.
–Style (Abstract and Stylized or Realistic, Naturalistic, Ideal?):
—-Iconography (symbolism or narrative):
—–Form (shape or structure; 2 dimensional or 3 dimensional):
—– Composition (arrangement of forms in space; balanced; symmetrical; asymmetrical)
—-Technique (handling of materials):
—–Line (contour; implied line of sight; thick; precise; broken)
—–Light (additive or natural; reflected; implied inside or outside the picture frame):
—-Color (value/tonality (light or dark) /hue (name) /saturation or intensity (relative purity)
—–Chiaroscuro (shading or modeling of form with dark and light):
—–Texture (quality of surface; rough, shiny, smooth):
——Mass (bulk density):
——Volume (space mass organizes):
——Perspective (linear, aerial, estimated, vanishing point, orthogonals; creates the illusion space recedes into the distance on a 2D surface)
——Foreshortening (figures represented at angles to the picture plane surface and literally shortened to create the illusion of 3-D and projection into space):
——Proportion (relation of parts to the whole; i.e. Canon of ideal human proportions):
——Scale (relative size relation between members of a group; hierarchy of scale: one figure is larger than the rest):
——Time and Motion:
——-Emphasis and Focal Point:
——-Unity and Variety
——–Repetition and Rhythm
Use MLA source citation method (Author, page) in body text to document your research, and attach a separate Works Cited page.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more