Chapter 12 & More
Directions: Respond thoroughly with detailed answers to questions below. Submit assignment typed prior to the deadline.
1. Stand slightly farther than arm’s length from a wall with your arms by your side and hands facing forward at shoulder-level height. Perform each of the following movements fully before proceeding to the next. When finished, you should be reaching with the palm of your hand straight in front of your should to attempt contact with the wall. Your elbow should be fully extended with your glenohumeral joint flexed 90 degrees.
· Glenohumeral flexion to 90 degrees
· Full elbow extension
· Wrist extension to 70 degrees
· Full shoulder girdle protraction
Analyze the movements and muscles responsible for each movement at the shoulder girdle, glenohumeral joint, elbow, and wrist. Include the type of contraction for each muscle for each movement.
2. Face a wall and stand about 6 inches from it. Place both hands on the wall at shoulder level and put your nose and chest against the wall. Keeping your palms in place on the wall, slowly push you body from the wall as in a push-up until your chest is as far away from the wall as possible without removing your palms from the wall surface. Analyze the movements and muscles responsible for each movement at the shoulder girdle, glenohumeral joint, elbow and wrist. Include the type of contraction for each muscle for each movement.
3. What is the difference between the two exercises in Question 1 and 2? Can you perform the movements in Question 2 one step at a time, as you did in Question 1?
4. Prescribe a set of exercises that will ensure development of all large muscle groups (pecs, biceps, triceps, forearms, shoulders, back (trap, rhomboid, lats, erectors), core, glutes, quads, hamstrings, calves) in the body. When listing each exercise, make it clear which major muscle(s) are being worked with that particular exercise. Exercises selected should be appropriate for the majority of people (general population and elite).
5. Do some research and evaluate knowledge of how the culture has changed pertaining to exercise training. What has been historically studied in the past that is still relatable to concept the study of movement (go as back as you can in history if you’d like)? Any philosophical dimensions that pop out that can be directly applied here? (Mention the laws of motion here)
6. In your personal opinion how has researched changed the way we view the study of the human body in relation to specific body movement?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more